Friday, February 19, 2010

Planes, taxes and it's still murder asshole!

I just want to throw out there my personal opinion on the story with the fella that freaked out about taxes so bad that he felt it necessary to crash a plane into the IRS building. No matter what his letter says or comments from his wife that he was a 'good man' this guy was a fuckin idiot. There's no other way to put it. When you decide that the money you earn is somehow worth more than someone else's property or moreso any single human being's LIFE, that is the point at which you deserve to commit yourself from society. Because clearly you've gone insane. If I make $1000 and the government decides to take $999 of it to pay for roads and healthcare and access to clean water and resources like electricity and gas and I don't like it, I have several choices. I can vote different people into office. I can choose to move to another country. I can decide not to pay my taxes. I can try to prove that I don't deserve to pay those taxes. I can do all sorts of things to show my disagreement. Getting into a plane and smashing it into a building solves absofuckinlutely NOTHING. And for asshole in tea parties or on Fox news or in the federal government suggesting anything otherwise is probably worse. A moron doing something stupid is nothing, but once a person with actual authority gives that act substance, we might as well all just crash our cars into one another on whim or start shooting people from a tower because reason has left the building. If responsible people don't see this as a way to remind people that violence is pointless and the best solution will always be one of non-violence, then those people are clearly denying their responsibility in order to gain something for themselves.

My condolences to the families of the victims and even more to the family of this poor deranged man. I seriously hope that eventually his wife is able to come to terms with the fact that no matter how 'good' this man WAS, the fella that decided to do this was a poorly misguided psychopath. No one with good intentions kills innocent people.

2 comments:

E.Pollarine said...

This is the subject of the op ed piece I am doing for tomorrows paper- read it up and let me know what you think!

Eric

www.thelakecountysentinel.com

Dr 4LOM said...

I replied to this in the next post. I couldn't really fit my response in this little window.

All in all though, kudos for courageously expressing your opinion, I just have some issues with the context and scope of it. But you can read my full opinion, it's a bit of a book itself. lol.