Monday, October 01, 2007

Rudy Giuli911

Asshole:
During a speech to the National Rifle Association last week, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani interrupted his prepared remarks to take an impromptu phone call from his wife, Judith. In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network recently, Giuliani invoked 9/11 to explain and excuse his rude moment during the speech:

“And quite honestly, since Sept. 11, most of the time when we get on a plane, we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other,” he said.

“Sometimes if I’m in the middle of a very, very sensitive meeting, I don’t take the call right then; I wait. But I thought it would be kind of nice if I took it at that point, and I’d done that before in engagements, and I didn’t realize it would create any kind of controversy,” he said.

What would be great is if every time Rudy uses 9/11 as an excuse, reason or proof someone actually affected by that tragedy was allowed to shoe him in the nuts. That would be fairness in politics.

No comments: