Tuesday, September 02, 2008

How stupid does it get?

Pretty fuckin' stupid
From dailykos:
Here is Palin's response to a candidate questionnaire for the Alaska 2006 gubernatorial race:
  1. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance


So those of you with any idea of U.S. history may know that the Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892, long after the "founding fathers" had anything worthwhile to say. Also, the phrase "under God" didn't exist in that pledge until 1951. Sounds to me like Ms. "I don't know that VPs job is" should read the Constitution, sit in on a Civics class, take American history 101 oh and maybe think before you say something stupid like ... well like just about anything she's said recently or in her political career.

Next you're going to tell me that it makes sense to be a Pro-Life Feminist. Give me a break.

More on why this proves she's an idiot.

Update: so maybe she was a member of a group that wanted dissolve Alaska's ties with the United States. She's a hell of a tough lady, my friends.

No comments: