Thursday, June 19, 2008

oh no boobies... I'm so scared

What a frickin' idiot:
Hurt notified his elected officials of his concerns but believes nothing was done. While he said he respects free speech, "I believe art affects a country indirectly. I have been studying the decline of morals in this country. It's sending the wrong message to children that nudity is fine, that nakedness is fine. . . . There are degrees of vulgarity, and it opens up the door for the other stuff."


I could be wrong about this, but aren't nude statues neo-classical art, in other words, intended to show the stylization of ancient times. If this is the cause of the decline of morals in our country, it's been going for a long ass time don't you think? I'm glad this guy is here to save us from all the nudity. Otherwise, I might figure out what women look like under their turtlenecks and parkas.

No comments: