Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008

Yay! Last year is over! No more worrying about... oh wait... pretty much everything is still the same. Lame Duck GWB is still causing problems. Congressional members still believe his policies are somehow popular with the rest of the country and the world. Iraq is still a problem. Afghanistan is still a problem. Housing is going down. Jobs still aren't showing quality numbers. We're still in a pickle and it's going to be a long year.

I'll once again make the promise to attempt to post more often, but let's be honest, I just can't keep up with big time bloggers. This is a small forum of mostly my ideas. I've always welcomed other posters, but you guys are as busy as I am. So this year I'm going to try my best, but I can tell you that two major topics this year will probably not be major topics here at Madness Counseling.

First, the primaries. Yeah I know it's important politically, but I'm not a party person. I've never declared my party and I've never voted in a primary. Does that mean I'm going to change that this year? Probably not. My current choice isn't the front runner, nor is he likely to win in Ohio, let alone any other major primary. So all my vote would do is give the Democratic party more excuses to send me junk mail. I support the primaries in that I believe it's important for party members to choose their candidate, but I'm not a party member, so there you go. If you are a Democrat voting, please throw a vote down for Dodd, or don't. Like I said, not really a big concern for me. The election on the other hand... that's another story.

Second, I'm going to try to stay as far away from celebrity drama as possible. I know some things leek through, but I hate that stuff for the most part, so no Spears, no Hilton, no papparazzi photos. I don't care if someone got arrested, passed out at a bar, got pregnant, killed someone, it's just not important. Now a good movie...that's another story.

Finally, I plan on keeping things pretty real in not letting this site become a rant hole or a schlock bin. Comments stay pretty clean on this side of the internets, and I intend to keep it that way. I know I occasionally fly off the handle on something, but really I want this to be informed and engaging discussion, not flame wars and ranting. Now if Mitt Romney is elected President... that's the end of my U.S. citizenship.

No comments: