Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tucker Carlson is a boob job

No seriously, beneath that bowtie is nothing but silicone. From MM
Gene, this is an amazing statistic: 94 percent of women say they'd be more likely to vote if a woman were on the ballot. I think of all the times I voted for people just because they're male. You know? The ballot comes up, and I'm like, "Wow. He's a dude. I think I'll vote for him. We've got similar genitalia. I'm -- he's getting my vote."

ROBINSON: Look, you didn't have a choice all those times you were voting, right? You didn't have a choice of genitalia to vote for.

CARLSON: No, but when I do, I just -- I always vote the man. Because, I don't know -- come on.

ROBINSON: It's a -- when firsts happen, they are significant. They say something about the society and how far it's come and where it is. And, you know, not just that figure in that poll, but if you look at all the polls, really, that show her amazing strength among women. And you look at a state like South Carolina, my home state, where both in my paper, the Post, and in The New York Times, over the weekend there were stories about black women and how, in a sense, conflicted --

CARLSON: That's an interesting [unintelligible].

ROBINSON: -- they feel about Obama versus Hillary Clinton. Part of that -- not all of that, certainly, but part of it is -- you know, he's African-American. She's a woman.

CARLSON: Well, part of it is loyalty to the Clintons as -- specifically the Clintons, don't you think? It's not just the female.

ROBINSON: Oh, absolutely. Yeah. I think --

[crosstalk]

MAY: Because if gender solidarity trumps all other interests, I think that's kind of sad. I don't think racial or religious solidarity should trump all interests, either.

CARLSON: Do you think that people who are voting on the basis of gender solidarity ought to be allowed to vote in a perfect world? Of course they shouldn't be allowed to vote on those grounds. That's like -- that's moronic. I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get bounced off the air for saying it, but that's true.

ROBINSON: That doesn't trump all other characteristics. There are a lot of women who are going to vote for Republicans in November because they're conservative.

CARLSON: I'm not saying women shouldn't vote for Hillary at all. I'm merely saying the obvious: that you shouldn't vote for her because she's a woman. Here's what the Clinton campaign says: "Hillary isn't running as a woman. As Hillary says, she's not running as a woman candidate. The only reason to vote for her is that you believe she's the most qualified to be president."

Well, that's actually completely false, considering the Hillary campaign -- and I get their emails -- relentlessly pushes the glass ceiling argument. "You should vote for her because she's a woman." They say that all the time. She just said that on The View. I mean, that's like their rationale.

MAY: At least call her a Vaginal-American, as opposed to --

CARLSON: Is that the new phrase?

MAY: I think that is, yeah.

CARLSON: Boy, that's nasty. I don't think I can say that.

ROBINSON: No, you don't say that.

CARLSON: I shouldn't say that? I'm not going attempt it. No, no.

[crosstalk]

How stupid do you have to be to make comments like this? I mean seriously? As if it isn't just as important to American women to actually have a woman in charge for once. Tucker Carlson, you're pre 1960s era thinking doesn't belong on national television. As John Stewart said before, you're really just a dick.

No comments: