Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An Evening with the Stupids

From here:

Really? The Everglades?

Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson met with Florida Gov. Charlie Crist in Tallahassee this morning and said he wouldn’t rule out drilling for oil in the Everglades.

“Gosh, no one has told me there is any major reserves in the Everglades,” the former Tennessee senator said when asked about the issue. “Maybe that’s one of the things I have to learn while I’m down here.”

He continued, saying "I'm not going to start out by taking this, that or the other off the table in terms of our overall energy situation."

Jeb Bush caused controversy in the state when he wanted to lower the buffer-zone for drilling to 125 miles from the state, so we'll see how drilling in the Everglades goes over in the Sunshine state.

What a swell plan to come from such a swell candidate for President. Perhaps I'm just naive and stupid, because I'm a liberal and we just don't think ahead when it comes to things like this.. but it's in my opinion that any politician in the United States whose answer to our energy crisis involves drilling more is a stupid moron who should wake up and smell the new Century. I mean the Everglades? Really? I mean ANWAR was a stupid idea, but Florida? There is one simple way to solve our energy crisis. It's called alternative energy folks. It's ready for Prime Time and we can either make good on rising technology or become the next third world country scraping for every gallon while the rest of the world moves on. Think I'm wrong? Just wait...


Just for the sake of it, I'm going to say that anyone that voted for George W. Bush in 2000 or 2004 is a total moron. Every time I see one of your gay W 04 bumper stickers, I want to pull over and shake you people.

No comments: