Thursday, July 20, 2006

Stupid stupid stupid

Well Our great leader had his first veto yesterday. Unfortunately, it's the stupidest move next to well the last decision this asshole made.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/07/20060719-5.html

"I am returning herewith without my approval H.R. 810, the "Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2005."
Like all Americans, I believe our Nation must vigorously pursue the tremendous possibilities that science offers to cure disease and improve the lives of millions. Yet, as science brings us ever closer to unlocking the secrets of human biology, it also offers temptations to manipulate human life and violate human dignity. Our conscience and history as a Nation demand that we resist this temptation. With the right scientific techniques and the right policies, we can achieve scientific progress while living up to our ethical responsibilities. "

Fuckin' guy doesn't even understand what the fuckin' bill was about. This isn't using spare parts to toy with science, this is utilizing a known resource for stem cell research. I saw this press conference on TV, and it made me sick. This fuckin' guy put like eight people on stage all holding a child in their arms. I've never seen pandering so fuckin' blatant. Oh wait I almost forgot this is the moron that showed up wearing a flight suit on an aircraft carrier when he declared our troubles in Iraq were nearly over. This is yet another sad setback for the United States. I hate George W. Bush and everything he stands for.

No comments: