Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I knew I'd find something

Today my biggest effort in finding a post for the day was to find something not depressing. I found a few funny ass letters to the editor of some Orange County newspaper, and a few nutjob posts from some other bloggers, but Crooks and Liars found just what I was looking for. A post that fills me with such glee that I've been sitting here waiting for over an hour just to download the video on this sad dial-up internet.

Ann Coulter calls Alan Colmes a "Liar"

**Sadly it isn't an interesting headline, almost sounds expected until Colmes becomes a hero for a day(at least in my eyes).

Colmes asks for her condemnation of a quote from a Republican who likened Dean to an Al Qaeda brand terrorist.

Coulter, after initially dodging the question altogether, in pure wing nut fashion responds, "I refuse to respond to your characterization of the facts because you lie." (Nevermind that it's a FRIGGIN' QUOTE!!)

- DEAD SILENCE -

Furious, Colmes cranes his head in a fashion I've never seen and asks, "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?"

Coulter: (quivering laughter) Come on, you can't be serious.

Colmes: (Stares intently, looking DEAD serious)

I have never seen someone stop Coulter in her tracks so effectively. She glances toward Hannity for support, he remains silent. Coulter whithers into dust and proves, once again, just how hypocritical, how absolutely spinelessly hypocritical the Right has become.

**That's taking it to that bitch. And cheers to Hannity for cowering in the corner instead of making some jackass comment. We all know Ann Coulter is a liar, and unless she feels it takes one to know one, she probably shouldn't be calling anyone else one. You can check out the video at the site where I linked above, but I haven't seen it yet. I just hope this description does it justice.

**Update: I just watched it. I have to say the discription is a bit disingenuous, but it's still fuckin' hilarious. Ann Coulter starts flopping around like a moron once Hannity calls her on doing the type of thing that conservatives shouldn't do in defending themselves. Classic.

No comments: